Blue wool cape from St. Mary's Infirmary, ca. 1950s. Lined in red with SMI embroidered at color. Monogram MEA inside.
Belonged to Maria Eliza Botello (1934-2008). Mrs. Botello was born in Driscoll, Texas and moved to Galveston to attend St. Mary's School of Nursing in the early 1950s. She then went to work as a nurse at St. Mary's Infirmary where she was employed for 45 years and eventually become head nurse. When St. Mary's closed in 1996, she continued to work as a nurse for the University of Texas Medical Branch.